At Nittany Building Specialties, we are always looking out for talent to join our growing team.
Nittany Building Specialties has steadily grown into one of the leading glazing contractors in our marketplace. We offer a trained management team with more than 100 years combined experience who fully understand that in order to keep our customers coming back, we must give them a reason to do so. Simply put, we are committed to excellence and proud to be Women Owned.
Reports to: Drafting Manager
Purpose of Position: Coordinate the collection of data from a scope of work and architectural drawings to incorporate this information into detailed shop drawings.
- Create and/or modify shop drawings
- Collaborate with Project Managers to provide detailed fabrication drawings
- Request additional information as needed
- Intercompany communications
- Attend internal and external project meetings
- Assist with field measuring
- BIM experience and/or certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Auto-CAD or related field; or Two-year technical school in Auto-CAD or related field and 3 years of related experience; or 5 years equal experience.
- Ability to accurately read tape measure
- Computer proficiency with the following systems:
- AutoCAD - Basic capabilities
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Adobe PDF
- Bluebeam Revu
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as architectural drawings, specifications, manufacturer's installation instructions & structural calculations.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, percentages, area circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Very detail oriented
- Great Time management skills
- Ability to Muti-task
- Ability to stay organized
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent problem-solving skills.