Nittany Building Specialties has steadily grown into one of the leading glazing contractors in our marketplace. We offer a trained management team with more than 100 years combined experience who fully understand that in order to keep our customers coming back, we must give them a reason to do so. Simply put, we are committed to excellence and proud to be Women Owned.
Reports to: Drafting Manager
Purpose of Position: Coordinate the collection of data from a scope of work and architectural drawings to incorporate this information into detailed shop drawings.
- Create and/or modify shop drawings
- Collaborate with Project Managers to provide detailed fabrication drawings
- Request additional information as needed
- Intercompany communications
- Attend internal and external project meetings
- Assist with field measuring
- BIM experience and/or certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Auto-CAD or related field; or Two-year technical school in Auto-CAD or related field and 3 years of related experience; or 5 years equal experience.
- Ability to accurately read tape measure
- Computer proficiency with the following systems:
- AutoCAD - Basic capabilities
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Adobe PDF
- Bluebeam Revu
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as architectural drawings, specifications, manufacturer's installation instructions & structural calculations.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, percentages, area circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Very detail oriented
- Great Time management skills
- Ability to Muti-task
- Ability to stay organized
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent problem-solving skills.