Nittany Building Specialties has steadily grown into one of the leading glazing contractors in our marketplace. We offer a trained management team with more than 100 years combined experience who fully understand that in order to keep our customers coming back, we must give them a reason to do so. Simply put, we are committed to excellence and proud to be Women Owned.
Purpose of Position: A glazier is a tradesman who works with glass and glass substitutes. Glaziers are tasked with installing curtain wall, windows, storefront, entranceways, architectural metal panels.
- Installation of glass windows, storefronts, mirrors and display cases
- Installation of glass surfaces on building fronts and interior walls
- Installation of metal panels on building surfaces.
- Responsible for execution and installation of specific manufacturers’ systems
- Responsible for being able to use the following types of equipment:
- Scissor lifts
- Boom lifts
- Swing stage
- Ability to work with cranes, or hoists with suction cups to lift large, heavy pieces of glass
- Understanding and following OSHA regulations
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Responsible for fabricating and/or installing metal sashes, and/or moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing.
- Fastening glass panes into wood sashes, or frames.
- Cutting, fitting, repairing, or replacing glass, or glass substitutes
- Technical or Trade school graduate, High school diploma or GED; and have completed an apprenticeship program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have knowledge of construction tools, glass specific tools and equipment and their safe use.
- Good communication skills with supervisors, peers and customers
- Requires basic mathematical skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to accurately read and use a measuring tape and perform advanced layout.
Job duties demand employee regularly stand, walk, use their hands to finger, handle or feel, overhead reaching, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. The employee must be able to lift or move more than 100 lbs. Must be able to withstand outdoor weather conditions of uncomfortable heat and cold. Must be able to climb ladders and have balance and coordination to work in awkward positions.
Note: The work in the field is difficult. The conditions can be uncomfortable and the materials are heavy. At times the work can be dangerous. To fit in you must respect the work and the team. If you like the idea of taking your time, talking or spending time on a cell phone, goofing off, and putting off work until tomorrow, then you are not a good fit for us.